EKC Broadstairs College’s Support team offer free and impartial support to help you explore your next steps.
Our Support team provide a range of free, fair and confidential services for students, staff and the public. They are here to help you make choices which are right for you.
We follow the Gatsby Benchmarks for good Career Guidance, which aligns with our Compass Evaluation goals. These benchmarks are:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
Our services include:
- Tailored course advice and guidance
- Careers advice and planning
- Advanced Learner Loan advice
- Individual progression support
- Range of workshops for Level 2, 3 and HE students
- University advice and UCAS application support
During term time we are open:
- Mon 8.30am–5pm
- Tue 8.30am–6pm
- Wed 8.30am–5pm
- Thu 8.30am–6pm
- Fri 8.30am–4.30pm
Please contact us for out of term opening hours.
We also hold a series of guidance sessions where you can book an appointment to speak to an advisor about a range of topics including career progression, funding advice, course guidance and support services.
These are available for both current students and those who may be thinking about College as an option in the future.
If you would like to learn more about the range of support we offer, you can contact our support team:
- via email email@example.com
- by calling 01843 605040