Develop the skills needed to begin a career within in the painting and decorating industry.
Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
This course will provide learners with a comprehensive skill set, preparing you for employment.
This qualification includes three core units:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Information, quantities and communication
- Construction technology
The practical areas of study are:
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Prepare surfaces for protection and decoration
- Apply coatings by brush and roller
- Apply wall coverings to ceilings and walls
- Produce advanced decorative finishes
- Carry out specialist architectural feature work
- Apply water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
Throughout the course, you will learn a wide variety of skills and techniques in our well-equipped workshops. And you will have the opportunity to take part in national skills competitions and work on community projects.