Explore the theoretical and practical skills needed to pursue a career in the automotive industry. This course will introduce students to routine vehicle inspection, fitting, maintenance, diagnostic and rectification activities.
Level 2 Diploma in Automotive: Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
You will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of routine maintenance and repair activities in a workshop environment.
Throughout the course you will cover:
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Basic tool skills and maintenance
- Customer service within the industry
- Engine lubrication, cooling and fuel systems
- Chassis systems (brakes, steering and suspension)
- Electric engines
- Body electrical systems
- Hybrid vehicles
- Engine training rigs
All training and assessment is carried out by automotive industry trained and certified practitioners.